My practice is focused on the future of your organization. I'm interested in going beyond quick fixes and crisis communications to help you strengthen your work for whatever comes next. Browse the examples below and let me know what you're working on. Let's get started.
Map out your audience's experience from initial awareness through direct interaction to their becoming a loyal follower. Strengthening each element of the experience map — offline and online — is critical to the success of your work.
Content strategy is the heart of my practice because it includes critical skills for both your online presence and the growth of your team:
- Govern the accuracy, tone, and relevance across a growing website and dozens of social media accounts
- Learn to make data-driven decisions about about which articles to prioritize, and the best times and places to post them.
- Develop an editorial calendar to focus on big picture goals and avoid last minute crises.
Develop and implement approaches to engaging your community through arts and culture.
Find cost savings and build efficiency in your team's work.
Budgeting and Planning: Identify cost-savings in digital/marketing budgets and recommend cost-effective (or free) solutions
Manage RFPs and Compare Vendors: Draft requests for proposals, analyze responses from agencies and web service providers, provide guidance during the decision making process
- Data and analytics: Analyze web traffic, audience data, social media metrics, and project goals to focus your team's on high-impact tasks instead of busywork
Learn new skills. Grow your team's abilities while advancing critical projects.
Personalized "life hack" and "work hack" coaching: Ongoing or on-call web consultations on technology, social media skills development, for entrepreneurs, social impact leaders, culture-makers, and teams.
Project management with an emphasis on developing your organization's in-house skills.
Skill Trainings & Workplan Development
Find the extra help you need to handle a big communications, marketing or design crunch.
Along with my network of trusted freelancers, I can deliver, project manage, or recruit the help you need for critical online communications work, including:
- Manage websites, email, and social media during major events and campaigns
- Graphic design for web and print
- Strengthening online fundraising and sales
- Writing blog and social media copy
- Crowdfunding campaigns: Planning and management of project-specific fundraising efforts